CANADIAN COUNCIL FOR REFUGEES
Director of Operations
The Canadian Council for Refugees is a national non-profit umbrella organization committed to the rights and protection of refugees and other vulnerable migrants in Canada and around the world and to the settlement of refugees and immigrants in Canada.
The CCR is seeking candidates for a newly created position of Director of Operations.
The Director of Operations contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing the organization’s finances and programs. This involves responsibilities for financial and administrative systems, resource development and human resource management.
Ø Overseeing the organization’s financial administration
Ø Managing programs/projects
Ø Developing and implementing fundraising strategies
Ø Overseeing administration of office and CCR activities (including conferences)
Ø Supporting human resource management
Skills and Experience Required
· 3 to 5 years in a financial management supervisory capacity
· University degree (or equivalent experience)
· Proven competence in managing programs/projects
· Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
· Proven competence in financial management
· Experience supervising employees
· Excellent writing skills
· Fluent in both official languages
· Proficiency in the use of relevant computer programs (accounting, payroll administration, donor management, databases, Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, Internet, e-mail)
· Knowledge of the voluntary sector
· Demonstrated commitment to human rights, social justice and anti-oppression
· Knowledge of refugees and settlement issues an asset
A full job description is available upon request.
Based at the CCR office in Montreal. Reports to the Executive Director. Salary based on experience and according to salary scale ($40,000 – $54,000).
The CCR encourages applications from refugees, immigrants, people of colour, gay, lesbian, bisexual and trans people.
To be considered, candidates should submit their CV and a 2-page cover letter explaining 1) why the position interests them and 2) what they consider the main assets they would bring to the position. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by Friday 12 September 2014.
We welcome all applications but regret we are only able to respond to applicants invited for an interview.
For more information about the CCR, please consult our website: ccrweb.ca