The Odysseus Prizes for publications on EU Immigration or Asylum Law
The Odysseus Academic Network is proud to announce the launch of two annual prizes recognising outstanding academic research in the area of European Immigration or Asylum Law. The Young Researcher Prize will be awarded to one author aged 35 or younger for excellent published work in this area. The Best Publication Prize recognises an outstanding contribution to the field by a more experienced researcher or professor. Applications from all European countries will be considered.
The two winning authors will each receive an award of €1000. The prizes will be awarded during the 16th Annual Odysseus Summer School (http://odysseus-network.eu/2016-summer-school/), which will take place in Brussels from 4 to 15 July 2016.
• Publications in all official EU languages are eligible (see further conditions)
• The publication must focus on European issues in Immigration and/or Asylum Law
• The submitted work must have been published between 01/01/2015 and 31/12/2015
• The young researcher must be aged 35 or younger during the year of the submission
To apply, download the application form (available at http://odysseus-network.eu/odysseus-prizes/) and follow the instructions. Please refer to the conditions and further information below.
Further conditions of application for the prizes
• Submissions must be made by 23:59 on May 8th 2016
• An applicant may only submit one item for consideration
• Submissions in all EU languages will be accepted. However, for texts that are not originally published in English, an English-language summary of between 1,200 and 1,800 words must be provided
• Submissions must be made by completing the application form and emailing this to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of the published text to be considered in attachment and the additional required documents (see application form)
• In addition to the email submission, in the case of books submitted for consideration the book must be sent by post to the Odysseus Secretariat (see application form for the address). This condition only applies to books.
• Applicants for the Young Researcher Prize must include in their application a scanned copy of an identity document that clearly displays a photographic image of the applicant, in order to show proof of their age
• For questions or queries, contact email@example.com