School of Global Affairs and Public Policy
The American University in Cairo
Center for Migration and Refugee studies
in Cooperation with
The International Organization for Migration
In celebration of IOM’s global 65th anniversary and 25th anniversary in Egypt, IOM Egypt in cooperation with the Center for Migration and Refugee Studies at the American University in Cairo (AUC) announces a fully-funded fellowship programme.
The IOM Fellowship for Migration and Refugees Studies
The period for the IOM Fellowship for Migration and Refugee Studies is four semesters as of spring 2016. The fellowships are designed to support Egyptian students with excellent academic records who are interested in pursuing full time graduate studies in the field of Migration and Refugees Studies. Applicants should be committed to completing the degree requirements in a maximum period of four semesters.
• Egyptian nationals
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
• Minimum grade point average of 3.2 or gayyid giddan
• Satisfy AUC’s graduate admissions requirements, including submission of AUC graduate application and necessary documents
• Submit an international TOEFL iBT exam score or an IELTS exam score as per the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions
Fellowships are awarded for one academic year semester and is subject to renewal for up to four semesters
The fellowship provides a waiver of tuition fees and student services and activities fees.
Responsibilities of Fellows
• Must maintain full-time status (9 credit hours per semester or as required by the program)
• Engage in 18 hours per week of relevant work at IOM for 2 academic years and the intervening summer. The recipient of the fellowship is responsible towards IOM for the work provided to IOM
• Attend events, seminars, workshops or training sessions as required
• IOM and AUC reserve the right to terminate the fellowship in case of lack of commitment to the internship assignment.
Step 1: Check how to apply: http://www.aucegypt.edu/admissions/graduate/how-apply, and submit the online application: https://www.applyweb.com/auc/index.ftl
Step 2: Submit the online fellowship application form: https://ssb.aucegypt.edu:4444/PROD/twbkwbis.P_GenMenu…
Deadline: November 1 for the spring semester.
For inquiries, email email@example.com