The SOAS Sanctuary scheme is intended to provide displaced people, who do not have access to student finance, with the opportunity to take their first steps in higher education in the UK.
DEADLINE: March 17, 2017
These scholarships will be available for up to six undergraduate and one Master’s students commencing their degree in 2017/18. The scholarship will be a full tuition fee waiver at Home/EU level:
- Full-time undergraduate, the scholarship will cover the fees for up to 3 years
- Full-time master’s, the scholarship will cover the fees for one year
- Two-year part-time master’s, the scholarship will cover the fees for two years
As a comparison, 1 undergraduate and 4 master’s scholarships were awarded in 2016/17. In addition 2 scholars received additional tailored support in 2016/17 and we hope to be able to replicate this in 2017/18 as this is particularly beneficial to support scholars with study costs and living expenses.
Eligibility of Programme
- Any full time undergraduate programme
- Any full time 1 year postgraduate taught master’s programme or 2 years part-time postgraduate taught master’s programme
- Applicants must be a displaced person – you may be an asylum seeker or have discretionary leave to remain, humanitarian protection status, UASC leave to remain or limited leave to remain.